Experts in Ancient Roman history claim that this cream was invented by the personal physician of Emperor Marcus Aurelius, a brilliant anatomist and philosopher, who coined the term “active ingredient” and treated his patients with “plant extracts”. His name was Claudius Galenus. The original recipe of this “cold cream” contained beeswax, spermaceti, water and a blend of plant oils. Over the centuries it served as a one-of-a-kind, indispensable cosmetic treatment giving skin a silky-smooth appearance. How the women of our family dynasty discovered this recipe remains a mystery, however, in our family archive this formula is one of the oldest and is called: “Roman cold cream”. The new enriched formula contains:
* Macadamia oil which is similar to the fat of sea mammals. Easily absorbed, this precious oil heals flaky and inflamed skin.
* Cetyl esters, a substitute for spermaceti (analogous to whale oil), which amply hydrate and nourish the skin.
* White beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties and is very effective at skin softening and healing.
* Cacao butter is a powerhouse of beneficial nutrients: oleic, stearic, lauric, palmitic, linoleic, arachidic acids; vitamins A, E, B2. PP, minerals such as iron, copper, magnesium. It nurtures and balances the skin.
* Other ingredients include lanolin, grape seed oil, rosemary extract.
The cream is deeply nourishing, and helps the skin regain elasticity and its ability to regenerate.
Ingredients: Aqua, Olea europaea (Olive) fruit oil, Cetyl palmitate, Lanolin, Cera alba (Beeswax), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter, Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) seed oil, Macadamia ternifolia (Macadamia) seed oil, Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, Paraffin, Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium levulinate, Magnesium sulfate, Glyceryl caprylate, Sodium anisate, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, CI 45380, Lactic acid, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalol, Citral, Eugenol.
Use in the evening. Take a small amount of the product (about the size of a grape) and apply evenly on the face, eyelids, lips, neck, and cleavage. Blot gently with a paper napkin or tissue after 20 minutes if necessary.