In our family records this cream is called “Monastic ointment”. The recipe was developed in the 1920s. As the legend goes, it originated in the Monastery of Saint Michael in Odessa. Nuns used it to treat “skin redness” and, after its formula was added to our collection, the cream became widely available to all inhabitants of this Southern port city – where many people suffered from windburn and hypersensitivity. Naturally, the recipe changed over the years, but it is still very rich in beneficial ingredients:
* Oat oil in abundance contains essential fatty acids, vitamins (А, В1, В2, В5, В6, В9, В12, D, Е, К, РР), ascorbic acid, potassium, calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, iron, phosphorus, and sodium. It nourishes the skin, calms inflammation, and actively protects the skin’s barrier.
* Perilla oil fights skin redness and inflammatory response. It contains high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acids and is generally well tolerated by all skin types.
* Chickweed oil extract has soothing and anti-allergic properties.
* Plantago oil extract has antibacterial, regenerative, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic properties.
* Tamanu oil (Alexandrian laurel) is great at removing skin redness and inflammation. It soothes, protects, hydrates and is indispensable when it comes to treating skin lesions.
* Rosemary extract has a toning effect on capillary vessel walls located just beneath the skin.
* Rosehip extract has a strong therapeutic effect, tones blood vessels, protects skin membranes, aids in skin regeneration, and quells inflammation.
* Evening Primrose extract has a general toning effect and is rich in various vitamins.
Ingredients: Aqua, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) seed oil, Avena sativa (Oat) kernel oil, Perilla ocymoides (Perilla) seed oil, Tranexamic acid, Stearic acid, Cera alba (Beeswax), Polyglyceryl-3 polyricinoleate, Bisabolol, Glycerin, Rosa canina (Rosehip) fruit extract, Oenothera biennis (Evening primrose) seed extract, Calophyllum inophyllum (Tamanu) seed oil, Niacinamide, Sorbitan olivate, Sodium levulinate, Parfum, Magnesium sulfate, Glyceryl caprylate, Santalum spicata (Sandalwood) wood oil, Sodium anisate, Tocopherol, Phospholipids, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) leaf extract, Leuconostoc/ radish root ferment filtrate, Retinol, Tetrasodium EDTA, Stellaria media (Chickweed) extract, Plantago lanceolata (Plantain) leaf extract, Lactic acid, Benzyl Salicylate, Geraniol, Farnesol.
Use in the evening. Take a small amount of the product (about the size of a grape) and apply evenly on the face, eyelids, lips, neck, and cleavage. Blot gently with a paper napkin or tissue after 20 minutes if necessary.